Friday, June 17, 2011

A bit of a rant

Hey everybody, long time not see. Or talk. Or post. Or whatever. Sorry about that, it just seems like there was a chain of me being really busy for a couple of months. Finals, and then all my friends graduating (I have to stay for one more semester next year to finish some gen ed requirements), then looking for a summer job... it's been kind of hectic. But now things have finally started to settle down a little bit and I have some free time to post again. The only problem was, I didn't really have any idea what I could post about. After all, I've gone through all of the birth control methods I know about, and I made that fairly uneducated post about masturbation, so what else is there to talk about? Well, as far as birth control goes, probably not much, but that doesn't mean I'm out of things to say (as I'm sure you could figure). I went to that website I linked to last time with the guides about masturbation and vibrators and checked out some of the topics they covered there, and I was a little puzzled, if not ticked off, by a couple of them. So now, if anyone's still reading this blog, you get to hear a mini-rant by me about them. Lucky you!

The topics I'm referring to are their pages on male desensitizers and female enhancement potions - especially the latter. So, they talk about these different products they sell, and there's an air of skepticism throughout, but in the end, they decide that the products probably do do something and encourage you to try them out. Okay, now beyond the obvious reasons for this (they want to make more money), do they really think that these things work? Honestly, does anyone really think these things work? Well, I guess people must, or they wouldn't still be buying them. But seriously, orgasm enhancing gels and vaginal tighteners? Really? That stuff is just as bogus as all the stuff that claims to make your penis bigger and harder (hint: that stuff's bogus, if you ask me). I have to give this site some credit, though, it does talk about this stuff from a more scientific point of view and explains the results of these products more accurately. They don't magically give you orgasms or tighten you up, they mostly just produce heating or cooling sensations which may or may not add to the pleasure of your sexual experience. And as long as that's what you go in expecting (and it's all you should), then hey, you probably won't be disappointed. But there are cheap products that do those same things, that claim to ONLY do those things, and they're the same damn things as more expensive products that claim to do more. The real question here is, I think, why do people NEED more? What's the obsession with vaginal tightness or need for an easy way to have better orgasms? Sex can be plenty pleasurable for both the guy and girl no matter how tight you are as long as you know what you're doing. Likewise, as long as you take your time and know what you like, you shouldn't need any "miracle gel" to have a great orgasm. In fact, they even have a page on that same site about how to have an orgasm. There are some great tips there for things that will ACTUALLY work: relaxing, getting rid of stress, and thinking about things that turn you on, for example. They're all pretty simple tips, and they work for me, and I'm pretty sure they'd work for every woman as long as you just really relax and stop worrying about it. Stress can cause MAJOR problems in reaching an orgasm, just like everything else. So the most useful advice is RELAX. If you can do that, you shouldn't need any miracle creams or gels or whatever. I promise. As for the vaginal tightness thing... that's just shallow. That shouldn't matter, just like the size of his penis shouldn't matter. As long as you can still have pleasurable sex (and I almost guarantee you can), there isn't a problem. People are just too obsessed with being perfect these days. But I'm afraid that if I continue on that path this will turn into a whole different kind of rant, so I'm going to nip that one in the bud and end the post here. I don't know if I actually accomplished anything with this post, but I hope you at least found the links to that site informative if not me. I have no idea what I'll post about next time... but I'm sure I'll think of something! In the mean time, I just want to repeat that most important bit of advice I gave, because I think it could come in handy for everyone, even if you're not talking about having an orgasm: RELAX. I think everybody, including myself, could benefit from doing that a little more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment